- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 cup water
- 8 bell peppers
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce or 1 cup broth and topping sauce below
- Sauce made from the left over pepper ends a cut up tomato, and wine blended
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 10 drops Tabasco
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 TBS Italian seasoning
- 1 Cup grated Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 20 minutes. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned.
- Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward.
- In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce or broth, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining tomato sauce, broth or wine sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender.
- Add cheese place in turned off oven for 10 minutes allowing cheese to melt