My Mothers' recipe which we made every Christmas
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 head Sour Cabbage
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 lb lean ground pork
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lg onion
- Cut out core from cabbage and remove leaves gently (do not tear)
- Place leaves in a bowl of cool water to rinse and strain.
- Place remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Wrap appropriate amounts of mixture in each leaf (Loosely)
- ( cut some of the larger leaves in half) so your cabbage rolls are not to large
- Place rolls on top of thick pieces of leaf that are left over in a roaster, cover ¾ up with tomatoe juice and bake at 350 until the rice is cooked - check by poking a roll with a fork and twisting to see if rice is done.