Lemon Curd Yogurt Crumble
This is one of my favorites and very reminiscent of lemon meringue pie
Author: Ryan & Sawa
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: Old School Canadian
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) lemon juice
- 2 lemons, finely grated zest
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) butter cut into cubes, room temperature
- In a saucepan, bring the lemon juice, zest and 125 ml (1⁄2 cup) of sugar to a boil. As soon as it begins to boil, lower the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and the remaining sugar together with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually beat in the lemon mixture without stopping, to keep the eggs from cooking.
- Return the preparation to the saucepan and, using a whisk, beat continuously over medium heat. Remove from the heat at the first sign of boiling.
- Using an electric mixer, incorporate the butter, beating constantly until smooth and homogenous.
- Cover and let cool before refrigerating.
- Place several spoonfuls of very chilled lemon curd into glasses. Add approximately 30 ml (2 tbsp) of crumble (see crumble recipe) to cover the curd.
- Garnish with a large spoonful of the yogurt (I prefer Astro Balkan style) and sprinkle with a bit of crumble.