Oatmeal Cherry Cake
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1½ cups (230 g) rolled oats
- ½ cups (60 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ cups (55 g) butter
- ¾ cups (165 g) dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups (360 ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup (140 g) frozen cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Thaw fruit it is ok if it is still a bit frozen i like to microwave for about a 1 min
- Lightly coat a 9-inch x 9-inch (23 cm x 23 cm) baking pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Mix oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place sugar, butter, egg vanilla and milk into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds. Stop machine.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and mix well. Fold in mostly thawed fruit.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on wire racks.