Author: Ryan & Sawa
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ½ cup milk, half and half, coconut milk, or almond milk
- pinch salt
- ½ tablespoon granulated sugar, honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a flat-bottomed pie plate or baking dish.
- Place bread slices, one or two at a time, into the egg mixture and flip to make sure both sides of bread are well-coated.
- Melt butter in a large skillet or on a griddle. Place bread slices in skillet or on griddle and cook until golden brown on each side, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in oven until ready to serve, but no longer than about 30 minutes.