Shortbread Chocolate chip cookies
Author: Ryan & Sawa
Recipe type: Dessert
- 225 g or 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 230 g or 1 cup unsalted butter
- 60 g or ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 150 g or ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 100 g or ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients, then stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Roll or scoop dough into walnut sized balls. Place them on unprepared cookie sheets 1½ inches apart. Flatten cookies slightly. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until light golden brown. Remove from sheets to cool on racks.